RITS: RE: RI cars to LaSalle & Bureau County?

Subject RITS: RE: RI cars to LaSalle & Bureau County?
From "Wargin, Tom " <Thomas_Wargin@csx.com>
Date Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:53:27 -0500
To "'Paul Hunnell'" <phunnell@yahoo.com>, ritslist ritslist <ritslist@storm.simpson.edu>
Cc "Egan-VA (E-mail)" <hscpegan@VBA.VA.GOV>

Thanks,
I had been wondering if the Kadee PS-1 might represent a former boxcar as it
is painted as if it were "just re-stenciled."  Perhaps it is a joke on the
PC scandal?

Whatever did happen to the LS&BC?  While I was an employee of the
		Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Company, Debtor
				William M. Gibbons, Trustee
after shutdown during liquidation I was also working for the LS&BC at
Chicago Port, trying to put info on the former RI trackage and wheelage
agreements into their computer.  I don't find any mention of them in the
Official Guide as far back as 1989.  Did the port wind up with someone else
or was it just torn up?

Two interesting things about the LS&BC: they had a lot of former RI
employees, at least at the port, and their parent company published
children's magazines so the railroad offices in downtown Chicago were
stocked with "Cricket" magazine, not "Railway Age".

Tom Wargin
 (410) 613-6204
Thomas_Wargin@CSX.com