RITS: Midland Railroad Rock Island E8 #652

Subject RITS: Midland Railroad Rock Island E8 #652
From John Ross <john.ross@informix.com>
Date Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:38:02 -0500
To ritslist@storm.simpson.edu
Organization Informix Software, Inc.

Took a trip to Baldwin City, KS to ride on the Midland Railroad and to
photograph Rock Island E8 #652.  I was allowed to ride in the cab of a
KATY RS3M on the trip back.  While talking to the fireman I mentioned
#652.  He told me that they occasionally ran it (it was idling when I
took picutures) and that they are expecting to pair it with Rock Island
(E3A ?) #630 here in the near future.  Does anyone know any more about
I am now thinking that vollunteering for Midland and possibly riding in
either or both
of the E's looks mighty interesting.

John W. Ross
Systems Administrator II
Informix Software, Inc.
Lenexa, KS, USA
(913) 599-8611

If it's not X, its not a window.  -- John Ross